Yesterday (as some of my facebook friends will know) was a fabby lazy afternoon day for fishface and I. We started the afternoon (after popping to Tescos for stickies, scoffs and spices) with the first Nanny McPhee. We had never seen this film and we LOVED it. Brilliant mummy and daughter movie watching lol. Whilst loafing on the sofa together we munched our way through a bag of Doritos!
After the movie fishface (aka Shelby) and I came up to the craft room - Shelby (thinking it a race) made 3 "projects" a little pop up chicken, a sunset collage entitled "Good night day hello night" loland the third project I can't even find right now! The parents amongst you will know that we have to be quite selective about what we keep! Otherwise we would drown in a sea of collective collages, paintings, doodlings and other miscellaneous works of art! Whilst everyone being priceless unless I suddenly purchase BatterseaPower Station and stage a modern art extravaganza I am going to have to cull the artworks lol!
Anyway, whilst Shelby was producing her "pieces" I decided to play with some of my new stamps from the demo kit and a couple of sets that I had brought previously and not used yet. I started with "Trendy Trees" (113258 Page 39) and was very pleased with the results - though i need to try some different colourways. I especially loved the making a pink tree with the leaves stamp lol.
One technique I had struggled with ever since discovering Stampin Up! was the water colour technique. Now I can get quite nice results with using the Aqua Painter (110018 p90) and picking up ink from stampads. I had received a set of the chalks (109937 p71) in my demo kit and was anxious to give them a go. The initial results were sketchy lol- not because of the products but because i need to practice lol! I went back to the mini catalogue and had a quick read and discovered that you could use the blender pens (110019 p90) with the chalks. I had a good play and I LOVE the results. I shall make something up during the week and show you the results.
From there I continued to play and ended up making this card. I made this using certainly celery card stock and the tea party Designer Series Paper. Stampin Up are so brilliant at making papers and accessories that are colour matched so well. It makes designing a card so easy! I also used two pieces of the So Saffron papers which are the darker yellows you see on this card.
The bird is made by covering a chipboard bird from the On Board So Tweet set (117376 p82) with patterned paper and painting the wings, eye and legs with paint. The sentiment is from the Cheer and Wishes set (110524 p62).
Anyway hope you like my little card - it's only the second one that I have designed completely from scratch myself - so I'm rather pleased with it.
If there is anything in particular, a technique or project, that you would like to see on this blog - please let me know and I'll aim to please x